Thirsty is a sustainable clothing brand designed for environmentally conscious, young people. We are striving towards contribution to multiple SDGs and raising social as well as environmental awareness around the world.
Entrepreneurship & Business Innovation bachelor
Over het initiatief / About the initiative
In welke fase zit jouw initiatief? / In what stage is your initiative?
Heb je jouw initiatief al gevalideerd? / Did you validate your initiative?
Yes, we did. We launched a pre-order of our first collection and were able to sell 60 units of T-shirts within 72 hours in 4 different countries; mostly Netherlands and Poland but also Belgium and Germany.
Meer informatie over jouw initiatief / More info about your initiative
Thirsty Clothing was born at the end of 2021. We are a sustainable clothing brand designed for environmentally conscious people.
What are we thirsty for?
○ Producing textiles made from quality and eco-friendly materials. We aim to reduce the usage of water when it comes to the production process. At the moment, our clothes are made out of 100% organic cotton fabrics that use
around 71% less water than conventional cotton to produce and their crops are not treated with pesticides. However, our brand is strving toward switching to other materials that are more sustainable in the near future. We want to minimize the harm being done during the production process and ensure the longevity of our products.
○ Providing abstract and unique designs. Although there are many sustainable clothing brands in the market, after researching the industry
we concluded that the market lacks interesting, extraordinary designs. Therefore, we are striving toward changing the way people perceive the industry. We believe that thanks to the implementation of unique designs we can make people more curious and willing to switch to sustainable clothing.
○ Raising social and environmental awareness worldwide through our collections. We are strving toward making people more conscious and knowledgeable about past and current environmental disasters around the world that tend to be overlooked or forgotten. Therefore, nature serves us not only as a goal to be sustained but also as a great inspiration for our projects.
○ Making a positive contribution to the people in need. Our brand wants to make an impact by working towards multiple SDGs through partnerships with organizations having a global impact. Recently, we partnered up with the UK-based non-profit organization Just a Drop. We will donate 5% of the revenue of each product sold from the first collection to support Boys’ Secondary School in Mwingi, Kenya to help the community build a water harvesting tank and make hygiene training possible. Thanks to this we can improve the lives of more than 650 teenagers.
○ Ensuring safe working conditions in the sewing companies we collaborate with. We are everything but a fast fashion brand. At the moment our garments are made in Poland where safe working conditions for the workers are provided.
Why Thirsty? Water is the most valuable resource on Earth, taken for granted by many. It is of great importance to switch to sustainable solutions, not only in the clothing industry. We are thirsty for reducing the usage of water for the production of our products and making a positive contribution to providing clean water and sanitation worldwide.
Who are we? Our team consists of three guys. We all are between 20 and 21 years old and come from Poland. Each of us has different skills and capabilities and together we form a team known to you as Thirsty Clothing.
Wat zijn jouw volgende stappen om het verder te ontwikkelen? / What are your next steps to develop the initiative?
Expanding our first recently launched the “Aral Sea” collection with different products such as hoodies, tote bags and next T-shirts. Invest in physical and online marketing campaigns to get more recognition in our main target markets (the Netherlands and Poland). Validating and testing innovative print-on-demand sustainable service. Experimenting and incorporating more innovative and sustainable materials such as hemp or range fibers into our products (we started with 100% organic cotton). Provide physical stores such as vintage or concept stores with our products, hence expanding selling points from online only.
Wat heb je nodig om (nog meer) impact te maken met dit initiatief? / What do you need to make (more) impact with this initiative?
An investment of a couple of thousand euros would allow us to undertake the above-mentioned steps to develop Thirsty further. Collaborations with different clothing brands to get more recognition and reach more of our target audience. Establish more partnerships with different non-profit organizations to make even a greater impact than we currently do. Have control over the entire value chain of our garments (long-term goal). Once we manage to do so we are planning to provide our sustainably produced materials to other brands (B2B offering). Additionally, we strive towards putting emphasis on the loyalty of our customers and promoting word-of-mouth marketing.We want to align the company’s activities with our business model in pursuit of differentiation through added value.